Friday 18 January 2013

Doomswitch

Hey everyone, so the last few days since my last update haven't been all that much fun, I've been through the worst downswing of my poker career to date this month, which at it's worst i believe was roughly $11,00!! Which i think to almost anyone would be a lot of money. Luckily it wasn't all terrible play on my behalf as i also ran approximately $6,500 below expectation, though admittedly i also haven't exactly been playing my finest poker to date. So all in all a pretty shitty time to be honest :( In poker we have name's and slang term's for a lot of different thing's and when your running poorly people often say they have been hit with the doomswitch, which basically means it feels like you can't win a hand, and all the big pots you end getting involved in, seem to go to to the opposition. It's not fun let me tell you, here is a graph of the downswing from it's peak to it's lowest point: 
So as you can see it didn't go very well at all for me at the table's! In bb's it was an EV loss of 26 buy-in's and an actual loss of 58 buy-in's. Luckily i managed to make some money at the table's before all this nonsense took place, so here is my overall graph for the year to date: 
So currently at the table's i'm down $7,261 with an EV of -$3,138. I think it's clear to me now that while i'm playing this many hours and tables my winrate is going to be no where near as high as the +7bb/100 i was managing for the last 3/4 months of last year. Though after this initial downswing to start the year i'm still confident i'm a winning player and it will turn around in time (even if my overall winrate this year is less than 1bb/100). 

So far this year I've managed to get in 159k hands at the table's, this has earnt me 52,604 VPP. I have been slacking off a bit over the last few days as i lost motivation running under EV 13 days in a row, though now i know that these things are going to happen and it's just something i'm going to have to put up with whether i like it or not :( Here is the same yearly graph with rakeback included: 
Even after rakeback so far i'm down $1.7k, but it gives me a little hope that even after so horribly bad at the table's this year so far, if i had just ran according to EV then i would have made bout $3.5k so far. So hopefully when the run good finally hit's me at some point this year, i will be able to make an absolute killer amount of $$$$ :) 

So over the next few days and to finish the month out i'm going to get back to the pace that i started this month with. Trying to make 4k VPP per day at the table's and hopefully get some of this cash back in my account haha. It's really snowy here at the minute in the UK and pretty damn cold so i don't really have many reasons to leave the house apart from gym time :) So i have no excuses now not to end the month well. Thanks for reading everyone, and if you like my blog so far then share it around with your friends etc and follow me on twitter!! Good luck!

1 comment: