Wednesday 9 January 2013

Week One

So the first week of the year is finally over, and what a week it was. In many ways probably the toughest week I've had in terms of poker, I have never really had to play this crazy amount of volume before and it definitely takes it's toll on you. But i do think that making sure i was prepared before the year started has definitely helped a lot, like a having a schedule and for the first time in years using an alarm clock to wake me up, not just waking up whenever my body decided it was time lol 

The result's for the year so far have been really annoying, but i guess i'm going to have a lot worse this year than what i have experienced this week! The first 7 day's of the year i managed to get in 79,252 hands, which is almost definitely the most hands I've ever played in a single week before. This is the graph:
So before rakeback in week one i made $569 at the table's, at least i'm up i guess! Started off with a $1.8k downswing, then a $6k upswing, then basically lost almost all of it and returned to the baseline lol I guess 2013 is going to be like this for the most part, hopefully i can run good though at some point! 

Rakeback soon adds u playing this many hands which is always nice though, here is the same graph with rakeback: 
So as you can see including rakeback in the first week of the year i made $3,217, so roughly $2650 in rakeback which is pretty sweet :) All these hands took me just under 59 hours to play as i'm getting roughly 1375 hands per hour playing 6-tables of ZOOM. I'm really hoping i can keep this pace up as i will complete my goal of over 100k VPP per month. I played a few more hands today and am now sitting at 27,872 VPP for year, which i think is a pretty decent pace to try and stick to. I'm trying to achieve 4k VPP per day to keep ahead of pace and have so far managed that 4 out of the 7 days. 

So i'm going to try and keep this updated as much as possible, but right now in these first few months getting VPP's is more important! So if you like my blog then please share it around and let others know about it as that will give me more motivation to keep this thing updated if i can see i'm getting a lot of viewers :) I'm also updating on 2+2 in the Poker, goals & challenges section, and also daily on Twitter so keep on following and commenting please :) Good luck everyone. 

13 comments:

  1. Nice blog Glanza will follow your progress, what levels are you playing at the mo, up at 200NL+ ? And are you that bloke from Solihull?

    GL for 2013

    Nik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosh, I saw ur trying ZOOM how u finding it?

    And Nik, thanks man, yes i am that bloke from Solihull :) i play 200nl and 100nl both at the same time to get the most VPP's. Do i know u then?

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. gl with the chase!
    will follow and added u alrd. to my blogroll ;-)

    gogogo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, but living in Malta surrounded by quite a few players, think maybe you know some of them, i remember your name flashing up on my freinds news feed! Gym or Poker related something like that haha

    Nik

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks mate, i'll put you up on mine now too :)

    Nik, yea i know a few player's from Malta so wouldn't be surprised :) Glad i've got follower's from all over teh globe! Thanks GL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck with the challenge mate. I'm UK HU player but still good to see UK palyers being successful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks mate, i saw you followed me on Twitter too, much appreciated, GL to you also this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey mike gl this year! We're in the same games :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks mate, GL to you too, just not vs me please, got too many regs already crushing me lol :(

    ReplyDelete